Trung Tâm Ngữ WISE ENGLISH ĐÀ NẴNG giới thiệu với bạn học bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Part 1 chủ đề Work/Study. Đây là chủ đề thường xuyên xuất hiện trong đề thi IELTS, bạn học nên chuẩn bị cho mình câu trả lời tự tin và mạch lạc nhất nhé.
Câu trả lời mẫu cho IELTS SPEAKING PART 1, TOPIC: WORK/ STUDY Với IELTS Speaking Part 1, các bạn nên trả lời vào trọng tâm câu hỏi ngay, sau đó thêm vào 2-3 câu liên quan để câu trả lời được dài hơn, đây là cách “an toàn” nhất. Ngoài ra, khi trả lời trọng tâm câu hỏi, không chỉ trả lời Yes/No hoặc đơn thuần lặp lại câu hỏi mà hãy dùng các cấu trúc khác nhau để có thể nâng band Speaking. Sau đây là một vài gợi ý câu trả lời cho topic Study và Work trong IELTS Speaking Part 1.
Nội dung bài viết
- I. STUDY 1. Do you work or are you a student?
- 2. Is that a popular subject in your country
- 4. Why did you choose that university?
- 5. What are your favourite classes/ courses/ subjects at university?
- 6. Do you get along with your classmates?
1. Do you work or are you a student?
|I’m currently a senior at the University of Foreign Language Studies. My major is English Teacher Education, which means that I am studying to be qualified as an English teacher in the future.|
- Currently (adv) at present time (hiện tại) ➜ các bạn nên dùng từ này thay vì now hay at the moment để bài nói hay hơn nhé.
- Senior (n) a student in the last year at a high school or college (sinh viên năm cuối).
Tương tự, với sinh viên năm 1, 2, 3, các bạn có thể thay:
Năm 1: first-year student = freshman
Năm 2: second-year student = sophomore
Năm 3: third-year student = junior (các bạn lưu ý cách dùng junior, junior là năm sát với năm cuối, là năm áp chót, thường ĐH ở Việt Nam học 4 năm thì năm 3 có thể dùng junior, tuy nhiên nếu các bạn học 5 năm thì dùng third-year student như thường, đến năm 4/5 mới dùng junior nhé).
- Major (n) the main subject or course of a student at college or university (chuyên ngành)
➜ Ở đây các bạn cũng có thể dùng động từ major + in hoặc specialize + in Ví dụ câu trên: I’m currently…Studies, majoring in/ specialized in English…
- (Be) qualified (adj) having the practical knowledge or skills to do something (đủ tư cách/ kỹ năng làm gì)
➜ Be qualified to do sth
2. Is that a popular subject in your country
|Well, personally I think it’s quite a widespread subject. Due to the society’s huge demand for teaching career nowadays, a large number of people are devoting themselves to this area|
- Widespread (adj) existing or happening over a large area or among many people (phổ biến, rộng rãi) = popular
➜ Với tính từ này, các bạn cũng có thể dùng be widespread + among… / be popular + among… (được ai đó ưa chuộng).
- Demand (n) + for sth: a very strong request for something (nhu cầu).
➜ Nhu cầu/ yêu cầu cao: huge/ considerable/ excessive/ enormous demand for…
➜ Đáp ứng nhu cầu của…: meet the demand of…
- Devote one’s self to sth: to give most of your time, energy, attention, etc. to somebody/something (tận tụy, dốc sức, cống hiến cho…)
|Actually Vietnamese students are chasing various kinds of careers, it’s totally up to their taste. But personally I think a majority of them would decide on several promising sectors which provide them with a high-paid job in the future, such as language teaching, medical care, or finance and accounting.|
- Chase (v) to try to obtain or achieve something, for example money, work or success (theo đuổi)
- Decide on = choose
- Promising (n) showing signs of being good or successful (có triển vọng).
- Sector (n) = field/ area
- promising sector = highly demanded area/ sunrise industry (ý chỉ những ngành nghề có triển vọng phát triển trong tương lai).
4. Why did you choose that university?
|The incentive for me to choose this university is that it is one of the top-ranked universities in Vietnam with perfect learning environment including experienced lecturers, who are all subject speacialists, and modern equipment. This university is also located in my hometown; therefore, I decide on it for the sake of convenience.|
- Incentive (n) (for/to sb/sth) (to do sth) something that encourages you to do something (động lực)
➜ = motivation
- Subject speacialist: a teacher who has a great deal of knowledge about the subject they teach.
- For the sake of convenience = for convenience (để cho thuận tiện).
5. What are your favourite classes/ courses/ subjects at university?
|During my study at the university, I’m into almost all subjects but language teaching methodology is still the one I have greatest interest in. It’s a demanding course but it’s worth studying because I’ve gained a lot of experience and knowledge relevant to teaching during the the course, especially in the microteaching periods.|
- Be into sth: to be interested in something in an active way (rất thích…)
- Have (great) interest in: có hứng thú với = be interested in…
- Demanding (adj) needing a lot of skill, effort, etc. (yêu cầu cao)
➜ = challenging/ difficult
➜ Để nhấn mạnh hơn khó khăn, đòi hỏi về thể chất/ kỹ thuật/ tinh thần/ trí tuệ, có thể thêm các trạng từ: physically/ technically/ mentally/ intellectually + demanding.
- Worth (adj) + V-ing: xứng đáng…
6. Do you get along with your classmates?
|To be honest, I believe that I’m kind of a lucky person because I had the opportunity to meet my peers at the university, who are such friendly and helpful people. A lot of things in common have made us close as a family. Although we got to know each other almost 4 years ago but everyone has always respected and worked at our friendship until now.|
- Peer (n) a person who is the same age or who has the same social status as you (bạn đồng trang lứa) à từ này có thể thay cho friend/ classmate để bài nói đa dạng hơn.
- Share/ Have something in common: to have the same features, characteristics, etc. (có những điểm chung).
- Get to know sb: begin to know sb.
- Work at a relationship: try to maintain a positive relationship with sb.
Với câu hỏi này, các bạn cũng có thể dùng các cụm từ:
- to hit it off = quickly become good friends
- to be well matched = to be similar.
- to drift apart = become less close to sb.
- keep in touch with/ lose touch with: giữ/ mất liên lạc với ai.
- a healthy relationship = a good, positive relationship.
1. What do you do for a living?
I’m currently an English teacher at a high school in Danang city. I also run my own English Centre at home. Taking these jobs gives me a great sense of satisfaction and lays a stable foundation for my future life.
- Run s.o’s own business = to be s.o’s own boss: have your own business.
- Sense of satisfaction: cảm giác thỏa mãn.
- Lay/ set a stable foundation: đặt nền tảng vững chắc cho…
2. What do you enjoy most about your work?
|Honestly, I’m quite a sociable person who always has a passion for going out and communicating with people. This personality in addition to my pretty good command of English makes me think that I was born for this career. The greatest part is that I could educate children and expose them to English and foreign culture so that they are trained to be well-rounded future citizens, this absolutely brings me a sense of achievement.|
- Pursue/ Have a passion for doing sth: a very strong feeling of liking something; a hobby, an activity, etc. that you like very much (có niềm đam mê với…).
- Have (a) good command of: your knowledge of something; your ability to do or use something, especially a language (có kiến thức vững về…)
- Expose sb to sth: to let somebody find out about something by giving them experience of it or showing them what it is like (cho ai kinh nghiệm về…)
- Sense of achievement: cảm giác thành tựu.
3. What are your main duties?
|My career at school mainly involves educating high-school students, preparing lesson plans for successful periods, sometimes I help my students with their class activities, and I also works as a psychology consultant for my students in some cases. In addition, the role as manager of an English Center requires a lot of care, attention and management skill. However, I have friends, colleagues, and teaching assisstants who are always ready to support and give me sound advice|
- Sound (adj) = sensible/ reliable
4. Is there any other work you would like to do in the future?
|To be honest, I feel totally satisfied with my career at the moment, so I fully intend to carry on teaching for several years from now. No one can tell what would happen in the future, so, who knows, maybe I would go abroad for higher education or challenge myself by taking other jobs, such as setting up my own business.|
- Be satisfied with: thỏa mãn với…
- Fully intend to do sth: to have a definite plan about sth which you will
5. What is your typical day like in work?
|Actually, at first glance, a lot of people may say that teaching is a boring job because I just go to class, give speech and then go home. However, only when you go deep into exploring this industry can you realize how intriguing it is. Everyday is not the same, I go to class to teach students, but there’s always something happen during the lesson that require your experience to solve. Therefore, my day starts with my trip to class, teaching English and find ways to deal with my students appropriately, then go home and think about my words and behaviours during a day. Those are extremely challenging kinds of work.|
- At first glance: when you first look at or think about something, often rather quickly (nhìn qua).
- Intriguing (adj) very interesting
6. Do you get on well with your co-workers?
|To be honest, I believe that I’m kind of a lucky person because I had the opportunity to meet my colleagues at the high school as well as my teaching assistants, who are such friendly and helpful people. We’ve known each other for a long time but always tried to work at our relationship. They stand by me in my ups and downs and are ready to give me sound advice.|
- Stand by sb: to help somebody or be friends with them, even in difficult situations.
- (Have/ Be in) ups and downs: the mixture of good and bad things in life or in a particular situation or relationship (những lúc thăng trầm).
→ Những cụm từ khác liên quan đến phần này các bạn có thể xem lại phần I (Study) – Question 6 nhé.
* Những cụm từ được mình gạch chân tô đỏ ở các câu trên chính là những cụm từ hữu ích khi các bạn bí ý, hoặc không kịp nghĩ ra từ hay cho bài nói của mình. Thay vì “ừm”, “” thì các bạn nên dùng actually/honestly/ well/ to be honest…. Để kéo dài thời gian cho bản thân nhé.
Hi vọng những câu trả lời mình soạn ở trên sẽ hữu ích cho các bạn trong quá trình luyện IELTS Speaking Part 1 nha. Thanks for reading!