Chủ đề READING là chủ đề vô cùng quen thuộc trong IELTS Speaking Part 1, nhưng làm thế nào để tránh những câu trả lời nhàm chán trong chủ đề này? Hôm nay, WISE English đã tổng hợp và biên soạn lại bộ từ vựng, cấu trúc về chủ đề READING, hy vọng sẽ giúp ích cho các bạn.
Nội dung bài viết
- I. Do you like reading books? Why or why not?
- II. What kind of books do you like to read?
- III. Do you usually read for leisere or for work purposes?
- IV. Did you read much when you were a child?
- V. What do you think are the benefits of reading for children?
- VI. Do you ever visit the bibrary?
- VII. Do you prefer reading books or watching films? Why?
I. Do you like reading books? Why or why not?
→ Absolutely yes. You may say that I’m kind of a bookworm since I spend most of my spare time reading. For me, this hobby helps broaden my knowledge about the world and works as a tool for relieving stress. In addition, reading opens up a brand new world which gradually fosters my imagination.
- Bookworm (n): mọt sách
- Avid reader: người say mê đọc sách = book lover
- Relieve stress: giải tỏa căng thẳng = give relief from stress
- Open up: mở ra
- Brand new: hoàn toàn mới
- Foster (v) nuôi dưỡng = encourage/ promote.
II. What kind of books do you like to read?
→Well, an avid reader like me tends to fall in love with any page-turner. But to be honest, I’m still a big fan of 2 genres, which are fantasy books like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and classic romance book like Pride and Prejudice. Those works of art really give me a chance to step away from daily stuff and promote my emotional intelligence.
- Avid reader: người say mê đọc sách
- Page-turner: sách hay, thú vị, đáng đọc
- Genre (n) thể loại
- Work of art: tác phẩm nghệ thuật
- Step away: thoát ra khỏi
- Stuff (n) những thứ lặt vặt, nhỏ nhặt
- Promote (v) thúc đẩy = encourage
- Emotional intelligence (EQ): trí tuệ cảm xúc
III. Do you usually read for leisere or for work purposes?
→Well, I used to take reading as merely a hobby until I grow older. I currently have to carry out a huge amount of reading as part of my studying. Therefore, I probably spend more time on academic books, articles or textbooks. However, I still try to make time for my favourite books after a hard day’s work to put my feet up.
- Merely (adv): chỉ = only
- As part of: như là 1 phần của…
- Make time for: dành thời gian cho
- After a hard day’s work: sau 1 ngày làm việc vất vả
- Put my feet up: thư giãn
IV. Did you read much when you were a child?
→I took up reading a long time ago, I couldn’t even remember the exact time. At that time, I was really engrossed myself in my books. Moreover, my parents considered reading a good habit to be encouraged, so they, without hesitation, bought me lots of comic books and Vietnamese novels. Unfortunately, the hectic schedule at present limits my time for this hobby, so I don’t read as much as I did in the past.
- Take (sth) up: bắt đầu thích cái gì
- Be engrossed in/with sth: chìm đắm vào…
- Without hesitation: không do dự
- Hectic (adj) vô cùng bận rộn
V. What do you think are the benefits of reading for children?
→ Although there are not so many children nowadays keen on reading. However, it is undeniable that books have such a key role to play in raising a child. Firstly, books are learning tools through which parents could expose their kids to the art and culture of the outside world. In addition, moral lessons in every book would nurture their souls, their love for human being to make them well-rounded future generation.
- Be keen on (doing sth): yêu thích = be into sth
- Undeniable (adj): không thể phủ nhận = indisputable = It cannot be denied that…
- Have a key role to play: đóng vai trò quan trọng = play a key/ important/ crucial/ essential role
- Raise (a child): nuôi dưỡng = bring up (a child)
- Learning tool: công cụ học tập
- Expose sb to sth: dạy ai cái gì
- Nurture: nuôi dưỡng
- Well-rounded (adj): toàn diện
VI. Do you ever visit the bibrary?
→Well, my house used to be located close to a local library, so I tended to pay a visit there twice or three times a week, sometimes I didn’t really read books but just wandered among the peaceful atmosphere and had a whale of time there. Now I’ve moved to other place but still keep the habit of visiting the library on occasions, which I believe would help maintain my passion for reading and exploring.
- Be close to: gần với… = near
- Tend to do sth: có xu hướng làm gì = have a tendency to do sth
- Pay a visit (to somewhere): ghé qua đâu đó
- Wander (v): đi lang thang
- Atmosphere (n): bầu không khí
- Have a whale of time: có khoảng thời gian rất tuyệt vời
- On occasion (s): thỉnh thoảng (nhưng không thường xuyên lắm).
- Maintain (v): duy trì
- Passion (for sth): niềm đam mê với…
VII. Do you prefer reading books or watching films? Why?
→Model answer: Frankly speaking, a real book lovers like me would lean to the choice of reading books. I’d rather go through the lines to conjure up the characters and plots by myself than just watch everything arranged and played by other people like in films. On top of that, with books, I could also enhance my writing skills, lexical resources and be self-educated anywhere.
- Lean to: nghiêng về…
- Conjure (sth) up: tưởng tượng ra…
- On top of that: ngoài ra
- Enhance (v) cải thiện, nâng cao = improve
- Lexical resources: vốn từ vựng
- (be) self-educated (adj) tự học (thông qua việc đọc sách)
* Hi vọng những câu trả lời và từ/ cụm từ mình biên soạn ở trên sẽ hữu ích cho các bạn trong quá trình luyện IELTS Speaking Part 1 nha. Thanks for reading!