Chủ đề về rác thải (GARBAGE) là một chủ đề được quan tâm khá nhiều gần đây trong IELTS Speaking Part 1 vì nó liên quan đến vấn đề môi trường, một vấn đề đặt lên hàng đầu hiện nay. Vì thế, WISE English đã tổng hợp và biên soạn lại bộ từ vựng, cấu trúc về chủ đề này, hy vọng sẽ giúp ích cho các bạn.
Why do some people throw garbage on the street?
Personally, I think the punishment for this action is still not enough, therefore, people still lack of self-discipline to put trash at the right place. To young children, they might be not yet educated about saving the environment but with adults, this shows a disrespect to the environment.
- Punishment (n): the act of punishing someone.
- Self-discipline (n): the ability to make yourself do things you know you should do even when you do not want to.
- Lack of sth: the fact that something is not available or that there is not enough of it.
- Disrespect (n): lack of respect.
- How do you feel when you see other people throw garbage on the street?
When somebody throws garbage away, I get really mad and ask them to pick it up right away. Because the environment is so contaminated now, we are responsible for this problem, who is going to do it now if we don’t protect it?
- Right away: immediately.
- Contaminated (adj): poisonous or not pure.
- Responsible (adj): be responsible for sb/sth/doing sth.
- What do you do with the garbage when you’re on the street?
First and foremost, I will try to find the one who left that on the street and ask them to put it at the right place. In case I cannot find them, I will bring it myself to the nearest dustbin so that the atmosphere there would be less affected.
- First and foremost = First of all : more than anything else
- Atmosphere (n): the mixture of gases around the earth, the air that you breathe in a place.
- Affect (v): to have an influence on someone or something, or to cause a change in someone or something.
- Do you think your city is clean or not?
Well I have to say that everything has two sides. Although, Da Nang is recognized as a ‘worth-to-live’ city because of its cleanliness and infrastructure, there are still some people dumping garbage everywhere and I think the government should put punishment on them.
- Recognize (v): to accept that something is legal, true, or important.
- Cleanliness (n): the state of being clean, or the act of keeping things clean.
- Infrastructure (n): the basic systems and services, such as transport and power supplies, that a country or organization uses in order to work effectively.
- Have you ever done anything to help the environment?
Before, I joined in a school project for cleaning My Khe Beach. It facilitates me to realize that small actions can bring enormous changes. Not only that, throwing garbage into the dustbin is also considered as an action of mine for the sake of our environment.
- Facilitate (v): to help people deal with a process or reach an agreement or solution without getting directly involved in the process, discussion, etc. yourself.
- Enormous (adj): extremely large.
- For the sake of: because of, or for the purpose of something.
- Do you think schools should educate children to protect the environment?
Yes, I agree with this opinion. From personall point of view, educating children about the environment is not a redundancy since they would be inspired by their seniors to protect the environment. After all, they are the future generations and the Earth belongs to them.
- Redundancy (n): a situation in which something is unnecessary because it is more than is needed.
- Senior (n): 20, 30, etc. years older than someone, an older person.
- Generation (n): all the people of about the same age within a society or within a particular family, a period of about 25 to 30 years, in which most human babies become adults and have their own children.
* Hi vọng những câu trả lời và từ/ cụm từ mình biên soạn ở trên sẽ hữu ích cho các bạn trong quá trình luyện IELTS Speaking Part 1 nha. Thanks for reading!